Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Linux and World Domination

Linux edges closer??

linuxinsider.com — Microsoft told the world which desktop OS to use, and the business world listened. The innocent little Linux-based smartphone may change all that. As consumers become comfortable with Linux on handheld devices, they will likely influence decisions at their places of employment.

I have to agree with some of the comments on the article. I don't think people would relate their cell phone's operating system and their desk/lap top operating system. Don't get me wrong, I like linux. I actually took windows off my daughters desk top and intalled Ubuntu on it. I've no problems at all. I would actually install it on mine but am unable to because of some of the programs I have to use. I may set up a dual boot one day. Just haven't had the time so far.

I can actually see linux competing with Microsoft one day. I mean if Microsoft keeps putting out crap like Vista, I think people would start considering Mac or Linux more.

Microsoft needs to wake up and realize that pretty and cool effects aren't always better. And MS, PLEASE stop trying to control what the user does so much. YES, I AM SURE I WANT TO DO THAT!! SO STOP ASKING ME!! I know I can turn it off.

No comments:

Relax. Kick your shoes off and watch a video.