Monday, November 3, 2008

HLOOKUP()

HLOOKUP() - This function searches across the top row in an array and returns a value in the same column in a specified row.

Syntax:

HLOOKUP(SearchCriteria;Array;Index;Sorted)

SearchCriteria - What you are wanting to match.
Array - The array you want to search through.
Index - Row number in the array from witch the matching value will be returned.
Sorted - If TRUE, HLOOKUP will look for an approximate match. If FALSE, HLOOKUP will look for an exact match.

Example:



I wanted to find the number of Highlander Hybrid's sold during the month of August. Below is the formula I have in cell "B22".

=HLOOKUP(I1;A1:M19;10;0)

"I1" represents the month I am looking for. I could have typed "August" instead of the cell address.

A1:M19 is the range I am looking through.

10 the row the Highlander Hybrid is in.

O which is the same as false means I want an exact match.

No comments:

Relax. Kick your shoes off and watch a video.