Monday, June 30, 2008

Conditional Formatting In Open Office Calc.

How to use conditional formatting in calc.

First, we need a new formating style.

To do this we need to pick any cell in our sheet and apply what style we want. For this example, I chose to set the background color to yellow. Then, on the Format menu we need to click
Styles and Formatting.




The Styles and Formatting box now appears. Then click on the New Style From Selection Button.



When the Create Style box comes up, you can name your new style. I called mine yellow.



Now highlight your data that you want to apply the conditional formatting to. Then on the Format menu, click Conditional Formatting. I decided I wanted to highlight the values between $20,000 and $28,000.




After you click OK, your data is highlighted.



The data is prices on makes of different sports cars that I made up. To generate the data, I used the RANDBETWEEN() function.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Thanx for this procedure. As a teacher it is very useful to highlight the students with lower grades, to work more with them.

Have a nice day

sc said...

You are welcome. I am a teacher also. It does come in handy to know who is struggling in class.

Relax. Kick your shoes off and watch a video.